“Trash the Dress” Maui, Hawaii | Maui, Hawaii Wedding Photographer

We recently flew to Hawaii for four days to photograph Barb and Cub’s wedding. The first day we captured their intimate ceremony on the island of Maui. Barb has always imagined that her wedding photography would be a bit unconventional, so the following day, we provided a ‘Day After Shoot’ that replaced the typical engagement session with an adventure on the road to Hana (stay tuned for photographs). On the third day we shot the couple snorkeling, boogie boarding and playing in the crystal clear waters in Maui, finishing on the fourth day with a ‘Trash the Dress’ session on the beach. The couple were exceptionally comfortable in front of the camera and with the immense chemistry between them, they were in their own world the whole time.

Barb loves the ocean and has for many years had a fascination with jellyfish and wanted to do some underwater photography with her wedding dress. In fact, the Maggie Sottero wedding dress that she chose was specifically purchased because she thought it would look like a jellyfish in the water. I captured the day she first tried the dress on at Bella Brides in Bend (LINK TO DRESS SHOPPING BELLA BRIDES)so it was an amazing when Chris donned his scuba gear to capture this unique, undersea, jellyfish-inspired shoot. And to top it all off, I even got bit by a jellyfish while shooting her!

Later that evening we headed up to a beach near Kaanapali where we found this incredibly striking tree that grew over the ocean and coral. It seemed so fitting for Barb and her husband, especially because Cub builds log homes and is all about trees. It was truly a romantic and breathtaking setting. We photographed the two lying in the sand and kissing in the waves. It was such a pleasure capturing Barb and Cub on their wedding day as well as on this distinctive shoot.

Chris shot these with his scuba gear and underwater housing and Barb was such a trouper! I think we had just as much fun playing with our camera’s in the water as they had playing! What a blast!
Wedding Gown: Bella Brides Bend Oregon www.bellabridesbend.com
Wedding Gown Brand: Maggie Sottero www.maggiesottero.com

9 comments
Add a comment...

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

• Kira FarisAugust 22, 2011 - 9:02 pm

Wholly gorgeousness!! These are so awesome! Beautiful images, beautiful couple.ReplyCancel

• alexandria gientkeAugust 23, 2011 - 7:49 am

AMAZING!!!!! Those pictures turned out fabulous!!!!!! Not that I had any doubt, but holy crap!!! You two are incredible! Never have I seen such devotion and willingness to achieve all the wishes of a beautiful bride and her handsome groom!!!!ReplyCancel

• CoreyAugust 23, 2011 - 3:23 pm

oh man…how wonderful. YOu did a great job…and I would love to have been there with you….what a great opportunity.ReplyCancel

• Barbra CarpenterAugust 28, 2011 - 12:52 pm

What an unbelievable pleasure it was to have had Kimberly and Chris capture all of this for us! It was a dream come true for Cub and I and they are unbelievably brilliant photographers!!! We ABSOLUTELY agree that we have never seen SUCH devotion and willingness to achieve all of our dreams! We feel like the luckiest people on this earth to have had them capture this! We would like to thank you two from the bottom of our hearts for all of our adventures..and for you our hearts have no bottoms…;) we love you and thank you!ReplyCancel

• […] The underwater housing is a great addition to our tool bag!   You can see more photos from their “trash the dress” underwater shoot on Maui at the Kimberly Kay […]ReplyCancel

• maryannJuly 21, 2014 - 3:13 am

I love these photos. Can you tell me whether this is offered all year round and how much it costs?ReplyCancel

• karlyApril 2, 2015 - 7:40 pm

Hello. My husband and I will be visiting Maui May 20-25, 2015. I would like to schedule a Trash The Dress photo shoot on the beach/in the ocean sometime during our stay. Do you have any information regarding your availability and prices? Thank you.

Sincerely,
    KarlyReplyCancel

• […] Photo credit: Kimberly Kay Photo […]ReplyCancel

• Amanda UrquhartJanuary 27, 2016 - 2:59 pm

Looking for underwater engagement photos. I’m currently in Maui and I leave February 3.ReplyCancel

menu